Melbound Bound

by - Friday, July 17, 2015



In all my life in Australia, I had never left the comfort of my quiet state. I lived in one of the most unrecognized cities around the coast of my sun-burnt country.





Melbourne is one of the most cultivated and ever evolving cities of Australia. My first impression of the foreign town was fast moving. Everyone walked with a sense of direction and purpose. The chance of meeting the same face in the street twice, was very unlikely.





I felt the people here were ambitious and money-orientated like the city itself. It was intimidating. I wondered if it was possible for someone like me, who grew up in a laid-back and passive environment, could survive living there. In terms of job and career opportunities, Melbourne was the place as opposed to Adelaide.




One of the things I loved most was the amount of coffee shops, heavily intoxicated with the smell of coffee beans, placed conveniently around the city. There was not a day during my stay when I went without something pleasantly bitter to start my morning. The aroma differed from each passing cafe. And those who walked by were lured in to fuel their caffeinated needs like it was their way of survival.




As much as I wanted to stay longer, my flight was already due. But the memorable experience was there. Living in Melbourne gave me the kind of determination that made you want keep the pace of everyone else. And the fear of falling behind was the driving force that kept you moving. I admired them.


You May Also Like

0 comments