Paradise in the Gold Coast

by - Tuesday, March 01, 2016


Perfect weather, perfect timing, and perfect location. How could it get any better than that? My hotel had air conditioning, it was a 5 minute walk from town, and a bus stop nearby that takes us directly to theme parks. 

I stayed at Paradise Island Resort with a stunning view from the 4th level balcony and a pool in my backyard. During a week of  28+ degrees of humidity, coming home to a relaxing dip in the pool was my haven. 


I walked during the day and night to enjoy the town we temporarily lived in. In a far away place from those we know, and those that know of us, it felt like I had made a fresh start. 

The people we encountered were humble and honest. It was a place of community, and somewhere you can rest down your heavy burdens and enjoy a life without themjust to forget them for a moment.




Warner Bros. Movie World, Wet'n'Wild and Sea World were theme parks I visited over the 7 day duration of my vacation. It felt like if I were a kid, I might have enjoyed them a lot more than I had, but still enjoyed it to an extent nevertheless.




Shopping malls were abundant, and some high end brands were at an incredible discounted price located at Harbour Town. Even within the Surfers Paradise town district, shops were opened from all directions from day to late in the evenings. 

Everything you needed and wanted suited perfectly for a place renamed after a paradise. I plan to visit again in the near future and venture the rest of the coast. 

You May Also Like

0 comments